If all goes as planned, according to AC Transit who presented information a couple of weeks ago, the Bus Route 26 (which replaces the current Bus Route 13) will have you at the West Oakland BART station from the Prescott-Oakland Point area in less than 5 minutes, every 15 minutes during peak hours and 30 minutes during off peak from 5:00 am to 12 midnight.
Also, the former 19 Line will change to the Bus Route 31 which would provide trips to community gardens, featured in a recent article “An oasis of fruits and vegetables” and nearby shopping at the East Bay Bridge Shopping Center at 40th Street west of San Pablo Ave. Stores include Pak n Save, Best Buy, Office Depot, Office Max, Home Depot, Michaels, BNC Nutrition Center, Radio Shack, Baskin Robbins, Verizon Wireless, GameStop, Pacific Sales, Pet Club and Babies R Us.
Other shopping, dining and theater opportunities include:
- Powell Street Plaza houses brand name retailers, including Beverages and More, CSAA, DB Shoes, Jamba Juice, Petco, Pier 1, Ross, SleepTrain, Starbuck's Coffee, Trader Joe's, and Togo's among many others.
- The Emeryville Public Market features Borders Books and Music, the Broken Rack Billiards Club, United Artsts Emeryville Emery Bay 10, Shape City Emeryville, Peet's Coffee & Tea, Western Career College, Salon of Emery Bay, and the International Food Court known for dishes from Asia, the Caribbean, India, Mexico and the Middle East from 20 unique food retailers representing the diversity of the Bay Area.
AC Transit is holding a Community Open House to learn more about this revised plan and talk with AC Transit planners tomorrow Tuesday, December 1st 2009 at 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Comments on the revisions will be accepted through December 2nd.
Those comments will be accepted in the following form of communication:
- Board of Directors:
o Greg Harper (Ward 2) email@example.com
o Joel b. Young (Director / At-Large) firstname.lastname@example.org
o Christian Peeples (vice President / At-Large) email@example.com
- By online comment form
- In person at the community open house on December 1st
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail to the AC Transit Board of Directors, 1600 Franklin Street, Oakland, CA 94612
- By fax to (510) 891-4874
Attend the AC Transit Board of Directors meeting and speak in favor of the adoption of the Revised Service Adjustments Plan at its December 16th meeting held at 1600 Franklin Street, Oakland. As this date gets closer, I will provide updates here.
Help make these 15 minutes a reality.
AC Transit Blog