Bike to Work Day Pancakes, Prizes and All-Day Valet Bike Parking
Bicyclists at Oakland's 17th Annual (Bay Area's 16th) Bike to Work Day celebration will enjoy:
• A free pancake breakfast (7-9am), courtesy Piedmont Grocery and Tully's Coffee
• Free Club One Day Pass (for showers and more)
• Free all-day valet bike parking, courtesy East Bay Bicycle Coalition
• AC Transit bike rack loading demos
• Free bike safety checks, courtesy of Bay Area Bikes and Wheels of Justice Cyclery
• A canvas bag with goodies (including Amtrak/Capitol Corridor companion-fare coupons, Oakland's brand new 2010 Bikeways Map, and an "I [BIKE] Oakland" bike tube sticker)
• A raffle with prizes donated by local businesses including this year's Grand Prize: round-trip tickets for two to Santa Barbara on Amtrak and a Dahon folding bike!!!!
Alameda County Energizer Stations
On the morning of May 13th, over 200 Energizer Stations will be located along local bike commute routes in all nine Bay Area counties to provide free beverages, snacks and good cheer to bicyclists. We'll be mapping the locations of the energizer stations on this page so check back and plan your Bike to Work Day commute to visit one of our Energizer Stations.
Starting at 5:30-8:30pm, On Telegraph Avenue from 16th-18th St, Oakland, plan to wrap up the excitement of Bike to Work Day with the biggest, most extravagant ever Bike Away from Work Party, which will feature The Crucible's Art Bike Program, Beyond Bikes Art Exhibit, Cyclecide Heavy Pedal Bike Rides & Show, Big Tadoo Puppet Show, music, raffle prizes, awards, food and beer from Trumer Pils Brewery in Berkeley and sponsored by the East Bay Express.