Something to remember, as we enter a new year: Yesterday's history, Tomorrow is a mystery and Today is a gift, that's why it is called "the present". [Via]

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Chocolatier, Cacaofevier and Councilmembers

Oakland City Councilmember Nancy Nadel displays an array of chocolates she made with cacao beans...Trading bonbons for bombast and roasters for rhetoric, Oakland City Councilwoman Nancy Nadel spends most Sundays whipping up chocolates in her role as founder of the Oakland Chocolate Co.

"It's smooth and rich. Basically, it's fabulous," said Karin Mac Donald of Oakland, a neighbor of Nadel's and self-described chocoholic who has been purchasing the candy since early 2008. "Usually I get the solid dark chocolate, but a friend told me the chocolate with chipotle pepper was good. I tried it and, to my surprise, I liked it."
Phone: 510-654-6966